Safety Programs for Electrical Contractors – Electricians
The IEC-KYIN Safety Director visits job sites to conduct thorough safety inspections, following a four-page OSHA compliance checklist. We also provide on-site safety training.
This training also identifies additional specific OSHA, EPA, and DOT compliance training that may be required in certain situations. Please be aware that this training will not, however, serve to fulfill any of the compliance training required by the above listed agencies.
Please contact us at (502) 493-1590 or click below to request more information.
Safety training topics include:
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protection Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Confined Space
- Competent Person Training
- Trenching and Excavation
- Ladders and Scaffolds
- First Aid & CPR
- Forklift Training
Common inspection items include:
- Extension cords
- Ladders, scaffolds, fall protection harnesses
- Aerial lifts and booms
- Hazardous chemicals
- Fall hazards
- Fire protection
- Power Tools
- Temporary wiring
- Bloodborne Pathogens kits
- First Aid kits
Brandon Yates – Safety Director
My name is Brandon Yates. I am the Safety/Training Director for the IEC.
My experiences include:
- Being involved with the IEC as a Teacher’s Assistant in 2021
- Being an Electrical apprentice at Yates Electric and becoming a Journeyman Electrician
- Completing the 4 year IEC Apprenticeship Program
- Being OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 trained
- Having a background of hazmat and confined space training through UPS and Voith Cleaning at Ford Motor Company
I am excited to be able to help educate our membership about the dangers that may be present in the workplace, as well as be able to actively work with the instructors training the next generation of electricians.