Established in 1984
The Apprenticeship Program
The IEC Electrical Apprenticeship Program is a fully accredited program by the U.S. Department of Labor and the Kentucky Apprenticeship Council.
- Approved by the U.S. Veterans Administration
- Includes 51 applicable credit hours to an associates degree from Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Students are provided with classroom components covering topics of the National Electrical Code as well as Electrical Theory and Real Situation Problem Solving
- Apprentices must be full-time employees of an IEC member contractor who serves as the “Apprenticeship Sponsor”
- Apprentices attend class one night per week for 39 weeks, August through May
- 144 hours of instruction are received each year for 4 years
- Apprentices graduate as an “Electrician” and many are ready to pass the Master Electrician Exam to receive their Master Electrician License
To learn more, give us a call at (502) 493-1590 or request information by clicking the button below.